Thursday, August 18, 2011
UAE : 2010 Singapore Youth Olympic FDC
First Youth Olympic Games (YOG) held in Singapore
Main Aim of Youth Olympic Games (YOG) :
To promote cultural education among the participating youths, the YOG programme incorporated live youth performances, art installations and festivals revolving around the Olympics spirit and cultural diversity. A wide range of activities took place, such as hands-on workshops, talks by Olympians, outdoor activities, community projects and exhibition booths, all based on five themes:
• Olympism – the origins, philosophy, structure and evolution of the modern Olympics.
• Skills development – the different aspects of a professional athletic career, such as personal development, career options and management of transitions in life.
• Well-being and healthy lifestyle – healthy eating, stress management and risks in sport such as doping.
• Social responsibility – being a responsible global citizen by caring for the environment and promoting sustainable development and community relations.
• Expression – interacting with and learning from fellow athletes through digital media and evening festivals at the Youth Olympic Village.